Workforce Development Services
IRCO’s Workforce Programs provide career-based planning, career-based training, scholarships, career coaching, work experiences, and job placement with focused supports for immigrants, refugees, houseless, low-income, skilled/unskilled goal-oriented job seekers.
Service Area: Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, & Malheur Counties
IRCO manages the WorkSource Portland Metro (N/NE) Center where our team of workforce specialists and skill developers provide job seekers with work-readiness workshops and occupational training scholarships to achieve their career goals.
IRCO is the lead agency in the collaborative Community Works Project consortium that delivers job search, skills building and employment barrier removal services to TANF families in Multnomah County at the ODHS East County Family Service Center and at the ODHS Gresham Branch. You must be referred by your family coach.
Workforce Development programs are funded through Worksystems, Clackamas Workforce Partnership, ODHS, Metro, U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement, City of Tigard, Business Oregon, Washington County, and more.
Refugee Resettlement & Employment Services
Our refugee resettlement program offers basic new arrival refugee supports like immediate (short-term) housing, healthcare navigation, cultural orientation services, work readiness training, legal services referrals and job placement assistance as they make their new homes in the U.S.
Our refugee employment program prepares refugees for career success by providing Pre-Employment & Work-Readiness trainings, resume support, barrier reduction, and job placement services. We also work directly with employers to help match our clients to jobs that our business partners have available. Clients must be referred through ODHS family coaches.
Why hire refugees?
- Refugees are highly motivated individuals with a range of skills and backgrounds.
- Refugees are highly committed employees with high job retention rates and often stay with the company for many years.
- Refugees require no additional work authorization.
- Refugees have completed an extensive screening by US Department of Homeland Security, which includes medical, drug, security and background checks.
- Refugees bring a range of perspectives, worldviews and diversity to your workplace. Diversity is good for growth and progress in your business.
- Your business may qualify for federal tax credits through the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).