Tax Support Program – Tax Preparer
IRCO Tax Support
IRCO Main Campus: 10301 NE Glisan St., Portland, OR, 97220
Tuesday & Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm during tax season (January 23 - April 12).
IRCO’s Free Tax Support program is in collaboration with ODHS and IRS and clinics are designed to support free tax preparation services for eligible taxpayers. These services are a free, reliable and trusted source for preparing tax returns. Each filing season, volunteers prepare federal and state returns.
This service helps:
- People with low or moderate income, persons with disabilities, the elderly
- Immigrant and refugee community members of Portland and limited English-speaking taxpayers
Are you detail oriented and enjoy problem-solving? Volunteer Tax Preparers provide free tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers. These volunteers will work one-on-one with individuals and families to prepare tax returns and serve as a legitimate and trusted resource and support person to ensure clients file correctly and receive resources around managing return and/or owed taxes.
Tax Law certification is required for this position, and volunteers will be supported in this training, including the use of electronic filing software. IRCO will provide training resources/courses for certification and use of Tax Slayer software.
- No experience necessary, just a willingness to learn!
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Must pass background check
- Complete volunteer training
- Pass open book IRS Volunteer Certification Exams
- Must be 18 or older
Minimum 4 hours per week commitment during tax season (February - April)