Tax Support Program – Intake Specialist
IRCO Tax Support
IRCO Main Campus: 10301 NE Glisan St., Portland, OR, 97220
Tuesday & Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm during tax season (January 23 - April 12).
Do you have experience with customer service and enjoy meeting new people and making them feel comfortable? As an Intake Specialist, you will greet community members visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere. Volunteers in this role will also screen taxpayers to determine the type of assistance they need and confirm they have the necessary documents to complete their tax returns. Basic income tax knowledge is necessary, and IRCO will provide education and training to volunteers.
Tax law certification is not required for this position, but volunteers must certify in the Volunteer Standards of Conduct. IRCO will provide training resources/courses for certification.
IRCO’s Free Tax Support program is in collaboration with ODHS and IRS and clinics are designed to support free tax preparation services for eligible taxpayers. These services are a free, reliable and trusted source for preparing tax returns. Each filing season, volunteers prepare federal and state returns.
This service helps:
- People with low or moderate income, persons with disabilities, the elderly
- Immigrant and refugee community members of Portland and limited English-speaking taxpayers
- No experience necessary, just a willingness to learn!
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Must pass background check
- Complete volunteer training
- Pass open book IRS Volunteer Certification Exams
- Must be 18 or older
Minimum 4 hours per week commitment during tax season (February - April)